The General Data Protection Regulations state that Personal data must be processed and held according to the six data protection principles:
• Processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
• Collected only for specific legitimate purposes.
• Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary.
• Must be accurate and kept up to date.
• Stored only as long as is necessary.
• Ensure appropriate security, integrity and confidentiality
The Rottingdean Bowling Club shall only hold personal information about each member as listed below:
• Phone Number(s),
• e-mail Address
The Data will be collected from Membership application and Membership renewal forms which include a statement saying that by applying for or renewing membership the person gives consent for the information they provide to be held and used by the club in accordance with this policy.
The data is stored on the Club Secretary's personal computer with email addresses being stored separately from other contact details. This is classed as the authoritative electronic copy.
The Section Secretaries, the Men's and Ladies' Captains and Vice Captains, the Club Treasurer and the Website Administrator will hold some but not all of this data on their personal computers to enable them to carry out the duties of their position.
Rottingdean Bowling Club will use such personal information to provide its members with information about club matches, events, operation and activities.
A printed membership contact list (title, name, telephone numbers and addresses) will be given to all members so that they can contact each other to arrange such things as competition matches and lifts for away games.
The Club Secretary shreds obsolete printed copies and it is expected that individual members will dispose of unwanted / obsolete copies securely.
Some data (Title, Name, address and telephone no) will be passed on to our governing bodies (Sussex County Bowls and Bowls England) as a requirement of our registration as an affiliated club.
Contact information of members taking part in local competitions will be sent to the competition organisers to be used for arranging matches.
Any member can inquire at anytime from the Club Secretary what personal information is kept and request changes.
The information held by the Cub Secretary is reviewed at the start of the season by using the details on the Membership renewal forms. These forms are retained by the Cub Secretary for a year and then shredded.
If a member does not renew their membership or informs the club that they no longer want to be a member their personal details are removed from the electronic database. All other records of personal information are also removed with only the original paper membership application form being retained as an historical record.
Rottingdean Bowling Club will act in accordance with current legislation and aim to meet current Internet best practice.
When members supply any personal information to Rottingdean Bowling Club, the club have legal obligations towards its members in the way the club deal with such data. Rottingdean Bowling Club shall therefore:
• collect the information fairly;
• let our members know how we will use it;
• not pass the information on to any third party, unless legally required to do so; ( the County Association and Bowls England (Governing bodies) are NOT third parties - but are part of the same organisation in this aspect),
• let our members know in advance if reasonably required to pass the information on to anyone else;
• not transfer Personal Data as defined by the Data Protection Act outside UK borders. Every time a member submits such personal information, Rottingdean Bowling Club shall treat that information in accordance with this Policy.